Thursday 21 June 2012

Playing Along

This one is really striking and it's his expression that I love as oddly it reminds me of my grandmother.

Remember when you were small and up to some shenanigans that would require a grandparent to play a pivotal role in your high jinks?  You know, like a tree.  Or a teapot.  Something really vital to your antics at the time?  I'm sure you do.

My Nan would always play along when asked, but as she never fully understood her role in my theatrics she would frequently have this bemused look on her face as she indulged me and swayed like an oak tree.

That's exactly what his expression reminds me of and I love that it makes me think of my Nan, who was an integral part of our family.

From Aideen when in Sydney, Australia - 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment